No-bake dessert – perfect for hot days
I find desserts can be a simple route to go, but who wants to turn on the oven and bake when the weather outside is hot? That’s why we suggest wowing party-goers with this no-bake recipe for mocha creams the next time you’re assigned dessert – although maybe not for the kid party with Kahlua in the mix.
The recipe includes a short list of ingredients and simple instructions – the “hardest” task is letting the creams sit to set. You do have to turn the stove on briefly, but it’s better than heating up your house with the oven.
These little morsels will melt in your mouth and we’re sure your guests will think you bought them from some gourmet bakery, or they’ll be dying for the recipe!
- 6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tbsp. instant coffee
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp. Kahlua
- White chocolate
- icing sugar
- Melt semi-sweet chocolate and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, cream the butter in a bowl until soft, and then add the instant coffee.
- Stir in the semi-sweet chocolate, egg yolk, and Kahlua.
- Chill mixture until firm enough to pipe.
- Fill a piping bag and pipe small stars on parchment lined pan, chill in fridge to set.
- Melt white chocolate in double boiler and hold the mocha creams by the base, then dip them into the chocolate.
- Allow mocha creams to harden, then sprinkle with icing sugar and cinnamon. Enjoy!